Single Robot Over Linear Track - Ultrasonic Inspection System
The Taurus system consists of a flexible configuration single robot ultrasonic scanning system. It can be applied to either of two inspection techniques.
Through Transmission Inspection
In TTU Yoke & Track configuration, a U-shaped yoke is mounted to the end of the robot to position the transducers on both sides of the part. The robot is mounted on a linear track to accommodate medium to very long parts. It is designed for parts with a simple geometry (almost flat or single curvature). Simultaneous TTU and PE inspections can be performed in this configuration.
In TTU Yoke & Turntable configuration, Taurus is well equipped to inspect circular shaped components, such as fan cowls. The robot is mounted on a fixed base beside a turntable that provides part rotation. In this way, complete cylinders (or two halves) can be efficiently inspected by using either water jet or air coupled through transmission.
Local Immersion Pulse Echo
In this configuration, the robot is mounted on a linear track assembly and performs local immersion pulse echo inspection using phased array technology. Inspections are performed on parts with complex geometries and requiring high production rates. Medium to very long parts can be scanned by means of several inspection modules carrying phased array probes.
- Tecnatom SONIA-F1 8 channel conventional or SONIA Multi 128 Channel Phased Array Platform, depending on configuration
- Customized end-effectors adapted to different materials (laminates and honeycomb) and geometries (skin, Ω and T-shaped stringers, spars, radii areas…)
- Optional automatic changer of device and modules to optimize automation and productivity.
- Optional Falcom 3D laser teaching system
- Optional Gentray SW for scan path trajectories generation.
- Optional off-line simulation software.
- InspectView Operation console for control and ultrasonic acquisition and evaluation.
- Water circulation and treatment station.
- Other accessories and services: Documentation, Installation, Training and 1-year warranty.
- Upgradeable to Taurus Twin robotic system by adding a second robot and track.